Reports To: Manager, Maintenance
The maintenance mechanic assists the Maintenance Manager with the safe completion of all maintenance related activities for the facility. Responsibilities include conducting machine setup, troubleshooting, repairs, and preventative maintenance service. This role maintains production quality by ensuring operation of machinery and mechanical equipment. They schedule maintenance work and coordinate with outside contractors for installation and assist with capital projects from quote to completion. The maintenance mechanic also acts as resource of mechanical knowledge for staff members and external and internal customers.
- Ethical Conduct
- Excellent oral communication skills.
- Problem solving/analytical capabilities.
- Technical capacity to repair more complex equipment and machinery.
- Proven ability of machine repair. 2-3 years of industrial mechanic experience.
- Proven managerial experience.
- Provides emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production and performs schedules maintenance repairs of production equipment during machine service.
- Prepares and sets up machinery for scheduled production runs.
- Performs mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic, troubleshooting and repair of packaging and production machines.
- Reads and interprets equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- Ensures appropriate pre-start assessments are completed on all new and modified equipment.
- Schedules and completes internal projects on time and within budget.
- Completes preventive maintenance requirements on engine, motors, conveyor systems, and production machines.
- Removes defective parts by dismantling devices using hoists, cranes, and hand and power tools.
- Determines changes in dimensional requirements of parts by inspecting used parts, using rulers, calipers, micrometrics, and other measuring instruments.
- Adjusts functional parts of devices and central instruments by using hand tools, levels, plumb bobs, and straightedges.
- Controls downtime by informing production workers of routine preventive maintenance techniques while monitoring compliance.
- Fabricates repair parts using machine shop instrumentation and equipment. (*)
- Maintains and anticipates inventory needs regarding equipment, parts, and supplies by checking stock to determine inventory levels, placing and expediting orders, and verifying receipts.
- Provides mechanical maintenance information by answering questions and requests.
- Prepares mechanical maintenance reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing technical publication, and establishing personal networks.
- Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating action, irregularities, and continuing needs. Regular communication with Operations leadership team.
- Maintains a safe and clean work environment. Increase the focus on safety within the maintenance team. Comply with OSHA safety and health rules, and take immediate action to correct unsafe behavior or conditions before an incident occurs.
- Ensures that production personnel and contractors have been trained to do their job safely, that they are paying attention to food safety guidelines, and are wearing appropriate PPE equipment. Report any instances of non-compliance immediately.
- Works with HR and leadership on targeted safety programs and training.
We're Driven By Our Core Values
Treat people fairly and respect that everyone has the ability to think, learn and improve.
Embody a Culture of Safety Excellence
Always do the right thing to protect our people, our brand and our customer’s brand.
Achieving excellence in innovation and performance in a sustainable manner. Success depends on the commitment of everyone.
Embrace and manage change to be competitive and innovative.
Love Food and Everything Associated With Food
A passion for food drives innovation and performance.
We celebrate the uniqueness of all people to create a place where everyone feels valued and respected.
Meet the Country Fresh Company Brands
The Country Fresh Company provides full-service fresh solutions for retail, foodservice, club and convenience stores including merchandising and category support. We are the leading providers of fresh-cut fruits and vegetables and fresh snacking products.