Country Fresh, Inc. is the leading producer of fresh cut fruit and vegetables. The Cost Analyst conducts hands-on verification of product costs. The position will focus on process improvement efforts and effective paths to improve profitability.
This Cost Analyst reports directly to the Executive Vice President of Operations and can be based in our Orlando, FL or Gray Court, SC production facilities.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Prolonged periods of standing in a cold/wet environment for the purpose of data collection and process evaluation. Must be able to lift up to 35 pounds at times.
- Assist the EVP of Operations in supporting multiple departments with product, financial and cost information.
- Conduct production studies and evaluations to support accuracy of production costs and sell price recommendations.
- Proactively monitor and research financial impacts, input costs, gross margin, and operating expenses.
- Interface with accounting system to pull weekly production and material usage data to calculate yields and plant productivity metrics, and weighted customer profitability reports.
- Validate and monitor Bill of Material accuracy.
- Develop and maintain all product SOPs.
- Assist with month-end inventory and year end audits.
- Develop business case and ROI analysis to support owner investments with facility upgrades and capital initiatives.
- Ability to understand the manufacturing environment and the associated financial processes
- Knowledge of supply chain, receiving, inventory flow, operations process and manufacturing principles
- Strong ability to assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem
- Must be able to collaborate and build positive relationships with others within Operations as well as cross-functionally outside Operations to effectively make recommendations, implement process improvements, etc.
- 2-3 years job related experience working in a food production environment preferred.
- Advanced working knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent written and oral communication. Bi-lingual (English and Spanish) a plus.
We're Driven By Our Core Values
Treat people fairly and respect that everyone has the ability to think, learn and improve.
Embody a Culture of Safety Excellence
Always do the right thing to protect our people, our brand and our customer’s brand.
Achieving excellence in innovation and performance in a sustainable manner. Success depends on the commitment of everyone.
Embrace and manage change to be competitive and innovative.
Love Food and Everything Associated With Food
A passion for food drives innovation and performance.
We celebrate the uniqueness of all people to create a place where everyone feels valued and respected.
Meet the Country Fresh Company Brands
The Country Fresh Company provides full-service fresh solutions for retail, foodservice, club and convenience stores including merchandising and category support. We are the leading providers of fresh-cut fruits and vegetables and fresh snacking products.