Accounts Payable Clerk
The Woodlands, TX
Reports to: Controller
The role of Accounts Payable Clerk involves providing financial, administrative, and clerical support to the organization. Their role is to complete payments and control expenses by receiving payments, plus processing, verifying and reconciling invoices. The Accounts Payable Clerk handles the company’s bills and manages the accounts payable ledger. The role of an Accounts Payable Specialist is vital to the company and accounting department. In this role the specialist is to complete payments and control expenses by receiving, verifying and processing payments in a timely manner.
- Keep track of all payments and expenditures, including payroll, purchase orders, invoices, statements, etc.
- Reconcile processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances.
- Maintain copies of vouchers, invoices or correspondence necessary for files.
- Pays employees by receiving and verifying expense reports and preparing paychecks.
- Paying vendors by scheduling paychecks and ensuring payment is received for outstanding credit.
- Generally responding to all vendor inquiries regarding finance.
- Preparing analyses of accounts and producing monthly reports.
- Continuing to improve the payment process.
- Protects the organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Assemble invoices to be completed for payment.
- Clarify any questionable invoice items, prices or receiving signatures.
- Maintaining historical records for audit purposes.
- Paying employees by verifying expense reports and preparing pay checks
- Preparing analyses of accounts and producing monthly reports
- Continuing to improve the payment process
- Month-end- To ensure that all NON-PO and PO invoices are posted.
- Collaborate with other department to ensure open issues are addressed timely and accurately
- Verify and address any discrepancy with vendors in a timely manner.
- Effective organizational skills for your area and department
- BS degree in Finance, Accounting, or Business Administration.
- Ability to analyze information.
- Data entry skills.
- Proven work experience as accounts payable clerk.
- Solid understanding of basic bookkeeping and accounting payable principles.
- Problem solving skills.
- Familiarity with accounting programs and software.
- Proven working experience as accounts payable specialists
- Strong Organizational ability
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to consistently meet all deadlines
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Time Management skills
We're Driven By Our Core Values
Treat people fairly and respect that everyone has the ability to think, learn and improve.
Embody a Culture of Safety Excellence
Always do the right thing to protect our people, our brand and our customer’s brand.
Achieving excellence in innovation and performance in a sustainable manner. Success depends on the commitment of everyone.
Embrace and manage change to be competitive and innovative.
Love Food and Everything Associated With Food
A passion for food drives innovation and performance.
We celebrate the uniqueness of all people to create a place where everyone feels valued and respected.
Meet the Country Fresh Company Brands
The Country Fresh Company provides full-service fresh solutions for retail, foodservice, club and convenience stores including merchandising and category support. We are the leading providers of fresh-cut fruits and vegetables and fresh snacking products.